RELIGION / Christianity / Orthodox
Holy Trinity Monastery
The spiritual center of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad comes alive in this short booklet featuring approx. 150 full-color images spanning the 87-year history of Holy Trinity Monastery.
- Out of printPaperback978088465459932 pages
Alexander Schmorell: Saint of the German Resistance
The story of Saint Alexander of Munich, a young man executed by the Nazi government for his participation in the resistance group "White Rose". Alexander Schmorell, an ethnic Russian and devout Orthodox Christian, was recognized as a martyr and saint in 2012.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654216232 pages
The Great Canon: The Work of Saint Andrew of Crete
This second edition replaces ISBN: 9780884651192. It uses the traditional English translation of Kallsitos Ware and Motehr Mary. It is theclassic canon of repentance, chanted in during Lent and includes the Life of Mary of Egypt.
- AvailablePaperback978088465452096 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884654582
- Currently not availableEPUB9780884654247
Are we willing to respond to the challenge of a life lived in accordance with the Christian Gospel? St Ignatius' writing is the Christian tradition at its deepest, intensely practical but also transcendent and mystical. For further details click here.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653769374 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654513374 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654537374 pages
On the Tree of the Cross
Georges Florovsky and the Patristic Doctrine of Atonement
Available now in Paperback!
The present volume, inspired by the legacy of leading Orthodox patrologist Fr George Florovsky, brings together a collection of papers on atonement by contemporary scholars and a collection of writings by Florovsky himself to deepen our understanding of the Church's soteriology.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699286166 pages
- Out of printHardback9781942699095166 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9781942699149166 pages
- Currently not availableEPUB9781942699132166 pages
Arab Orthodox Christians Under the Ottomans 1516–1831
The so called "Arab Spring" drew the world's attention to the presence of significant minority religious groups within the predominantly Islamic Middle East. Arabic-speaking Orthodox Christians are the largest of these minorities. This work fills a gap in the scholarship of wider Christian history and more specifically that of lived religion within the Ottoman empire. For more information click here.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699088704 pages
- AvailableHardback9781942699071704 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699118704 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699101704 pages
A Psalter for Prayer
An Adaptation of the Classic Miles Coverdale Translation
This slimmed down pocket edition of the classic Coverdale translation is designed to inspire daily use in prayer at home and when traveling. The text is complimented by a flexible textured binding, gold stamped cover, and three marker ribbons.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654186368 pages
Living the Faith
Spiritual Instruction from St Anatoly (Zertsalov) of Optina
This work includes three hundred and eighty-two letters of spiritual counsel from the Optina Elder Hieroschemamonk Anatoly (Zertsalov). Written in a tone that is both firm and tender, they are the words of a caring father for his spiritual children These letters, while originally addressed to nuns, can be applied with profit to all Christians, both monastic and lay. This digital edition includes four photos as well as the life of St. Anatoly, a glossary, an index of topics, and a table of letters.
- Currently not availableKindle9780884654209308 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654179308 pages
Striving Toward God
Spiritual Advice for Daily Living
Abbess Arsenia’s counsels are steeped in Holy Scripture and in the inspiration that she draws from the services of the Orthodox Church. Throughout, she emphasizes the need to humble oneself, discern the will of God, and fulfill it through every moment of our life.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653974110 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654148110 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654131110 pages
My Life in Christ
The Spiritual Journals of St John of Kronstadt
The English translation has been thoroughly revised and freshly typeset to make St John's own words more accessible to today's reader. The bite-sized reflections draw the reader in to the author's profound spiritual experience and love for Jesus Christ and the Church. Appropriate, relevant, and edifying reading for all Christians.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654476560 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884654650560 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654155560 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654162560 pages
My Life in Christ
The Spiritual Journals of St John of Kronstadt, Part 1
My Life in Christ has been read by millions, making it one of the most beloved modern works of Orthodox Christian spirituality. Saint John's bite-sized reflections draw the reader in to the author's profound spiritual experience and love for Jesus Christ and the Church. This is the kind of book you will return to time and time again. Appropriate, relevant, and edifying reading for all Christians.
How Our Departed Ones Live
The Experience of the Orthodox Church
While many are now abandoning traditional religious practice, none the less, the reality of death and questions regarding the afterlife remain at the forefront of spiritual consciousness. How Our Departed Ones Live is the answer to those who seek the truth as expressed through the experience of the Orthodox Church.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654018395 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654025395 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654032395 pages
The Four Gospels
This classic textbook contains sober, patristic explanations of every event in the four Christian Gospels in a harmonized chronology. Based on the teachings and tradition of the Eastern Orthodox Church, this book is the first of its kind.
- AvailableHardback9781942699002330 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699057330 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699064330 pages
Chosen For His People
A Biography of Patriarch Tikhon
St Tikhon, Patriarch of Moscow (Vasily Ivanovich Bellavin, 1865-1925) is one of the most important figures of both Russian and Orthodox Church history in the twentieth century. Yet ninety years after his death this remains the only complete biography ever published in the English language. It has now been updated and revised with a new preface and bibliography, together with revised and additional endnotes, by Scott M. Kenworthy.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699026172 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699040172 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699033172 pages