Orthodox & Oriental Churches
Spiritual Advice for Daily Living
Abbess Arsenia’s counsels are steeped in Holy Scripture and in the inspiration that she draws from the services of the Orthodox Church. Throughout, she emphasizes the need to humble oneself, discern the will of God, and fulfill it through every moment of our life.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653974110 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654131110 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654148110 pages
The Spiritual Journals of St John of Kronstadt, Part 1
My Life in Christ has been read by millions, making it one of the most beloved modern works of Orthodox Christian spirituality. Saint John's bite-sized reflections draw the reader in to the author's profound spiritual experience and love for Jesus Christ and the Church. This is the kind of book you will return to time and time again. Appropriate, relevant, and edifying reading for all Christians.
The Spiritual Journals of St John of Kronstadt
The English translation has been thoroughly revised and freshly typeset to make St John's own words more accessible to today's reader. The bite-sized reflections draw the reader in to the author's profound spiritual experience and love for Jesus Christ and the Church. Appropriate, relevant, and edifying reading for all Christians.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654476560 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884654650560 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654162560 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654155560 pages
The Experience of the Orthodox Church
While many are now abandoning traditional religious practice, none the less, the reality of death and questions regarding the afterlife remain at the forefront of spiritual consciousness. How Our Departed Ones Live is the answer to those who seek the truth as expressed through the experience of the Orthodox Church.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654018395 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654032395 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654025395 pages
This classic textbook contains sober, patristic explanations of every event in the four Christian Gospels in a harmonized chronology. Based on the teachings and tradition of the Eastern Orthodox Church, this book is the first of its kind.
- AvailableHardback9781942699002330 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699064330 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699057330 pages
Том II: История
Является продолжением истории богослужебного пения Русской Церкви. Вторая эпоха охватывает 1652-1918 гг. Прибытие киевских певцов — начало распевов; введение партеса; борьба между старыми и новыми порядками; московская и петербургская традиции; печатание и значение богослужебных нотных книг; период итальянского светского влияния; искания новых путей гармонизации древне-русского пения; духовные композиторы и проч
- AvailableHardback9780884653998604 pages
Lenten Homilies of Saint John of Kronstadt
For the first time a selection of St John's Lenten sermons is presented in English translation. They follow the thematic structure of the Lenten season in the Orthodox Church, from the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee through to Great and Holy Friday. A sermon for St Thomas Sunday, that follows Holy Pascha, is offered as an Epilogue.
To order the Kindle edition click here.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653844230 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653943218 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653936218 pages
Книга И.М. Концевича была и остается одной из лучших работ об Оптиной Пустыни. В ней передан высокий дух Оптиной Пустыни и ее старцев, их благотворное влияние на русское общество, русскую мысль и русскую литературу.
This book is printed on demand and therefore, customers who are resellers will receive a lower (short) discount on this title.
- AvailableHardback9780884653912680 pages
The Three Hundred Year History of a Russian Orthodox Church in London
A fascinating look at the Russian Orthodox Church abroad through the lens of one imperial embassy church turned self-supporting parish. This history offers perspectives on modern English and European history from the vantage point of a little known minority community, supported by translations of primary sources not found anywhere else.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653363755 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884653813755 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653837755 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653820755 pages
Asceticism in a Modern Secular Society
Archbishop Averky addresses head on the question, “What is asceticism?” He counters the many false understandings that exist and shows that the practice of authentic asceticism is integral to the spiritual life and the path to blessed communion with God.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653738194 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653752194 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653745194 pages
Anya Derrick’s life has been intimately connected to the earthly city of Jerusalem in Palestine where she was raised in the spirit of Holy Russia, as manifested in the life of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission, the Mount of Olives and Gethsemane convents, as well as the Bethany School. These recollections also offer a window into the struggles and aspirations of the Russian diaspora after the Communist takeover of the ancestral homeland. It shows how events such as the Russian revolution, its aftermath, and the Arab–Israeli conflict have shaped present realities.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653592232 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884653806232 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652748232 pages
of the Holy Eastern Orthodox Catholic and Apostolic Church
Nikolai Gogol was one of the most prominent Russian writers of the 19th century. He was also a deeply religious man, who dedicated one of his last works to the Divine Liturgy of the Orthodox Church. This book provides a commentary on the Divine Liturgy, which is at the same time both mystical and practical. Drawing from the early Church Fathers and his own experience, Gogol explains the sublime mystery of the Liturgy.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653431128 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653639128 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653622128 pages
The Orthodox Church and Russian Nationalism before the Revolution
Grounded in original research, this study is intended to reveal the wider relevance of its topic to an ongoing discussion of the relationship between national or ethnic identities on the one hand and the self-understanding of Orthodox Christianity as a universal and transformative Faith on the other.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699279356 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653479339 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653486339 pages