The Three Hundred Year History of a Russian Orthodox Church in London
A fascinating look at the Russian Orthodox Church abroad through the lens of one imperial embassy church turned self-supporting parish. This history offers perspectives on modern English and European history from the vantage point of a little known minority community, supported by translations of primary sources not found anywhere else.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653363755 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884653813755 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653837755 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653820755 pages
Lenten Homilies of Saint John of Kronstadt
For the first time a selection of St John's Lenten sermons is presented in English translation. They follow the thematic structure of the Lenten season in the Orthodox Church, from the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee through to Great and Holy Friday. A sermon for St Thomas Sunday, that follows Holy Pascha, is offered as an Epilogue.
To order the Kindle edition click here.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653844230 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653943218 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653936218 pages
The Experience of the Orthodox Church
While many are now abandoning traditional religious practice, none the less, the reality of death and questions regarding the afterlife remain at the forefront of spiritual consciousness. How Our Departed Ones Live is the answer to those who seek the truth as expressed through the experience of the Orthodox Church.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654018395 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654032395 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654025395 pages
Are we willing to respond to the challenge of a life lived in accordance with the Christian Gospel? St Ignatius' writing is the Christian tradition at its deepest, intensely practical but also transcendent and mystical. For further details click here.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653769374 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654537374 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654513374 pages
Spiritual Advice for Daily Living
Abbess Arsenia’s counsels are steeped in Holy Scripture and in the inspiration that she draws from the services of the Orthodox Church. Throughout, she emphasizes the need to humble oneself, discern the will of God, and fulfill it through every moment of our life.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653974110 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654131110 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654148110 pages
This second edition replaces ISBN: 9780884651192. It uses the traditional English translation of Kallsitos Ware and Motehr Mary. It is theclassic canon of repentance, chanted in during Lent and includes the Life of Mary of Egypt.
- AvailablePaperback978088465452096 pages
- Currently not availableEPUB9780884654247
- Currently not availableKindle9780884654582
Drawing upon numerous examples from daily life and human relationships, St Tikhon weaves together wisdom on how to live a life pleasing to God. In a world that typically only values material goods his writing constantly reminds the reader of that which is of true value — the knowledge and love of God.
- ForthcomingPaperback9780884654827536 pages
On Acquiring Peace Amidst Suffering
St Ignatius Brianchaninov (1807-1867) struggled with chronic illness and disability through most of his adult life. Thus his own life experience disposed him to reflect on the meaning of suffering and how through it we might find “a harbor for our hope.” His letters, excerpted and organized here thematically, will equally benefit all who suffer.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654223200 pages
Principles for the Christian Journey
In this short but incisive treatise, formerly published as On the Law of God, the reader is guided on a spiritual journey that begins with the awakening of conscience and the realization of the presence of both sin and virtue in the world, culminating in a union with God: that is “a living, personal relationship with the one we love.”
- AvailablePaperback9780884654438176 pages
An accessible and well organized synthesis of the ancient Christian understanding of death and the afterlife. Drawing primary from the Greek language writings of the Fathers it does not neglect the Latin sources. It will benefit all who desire to understand the classical Christian teaching of what lies beyond our temporal life.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654773290 pages
- Currently not availableEPUB9780884654834
Laborers in the New World from Saint Alexis to Elder Ephraim
A compelling account of the lives and service in North America of some of the leading figures of the Orthodox Church in the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. A spiritual manual that will inspire and encourage its readers own struggle for the attainment of holiness and the emulation of the deeds that adorns the lives recounted here.
- ForthcomingPaperback9780884654803400 pages
Trials at the Crossroads of Eternity
In this third volume of St Ignatius’s collected works, published here in English for the first time, the saint examines the mystical boundaries that govern the life of a Christian: the one, between life and death; and the other, between the visible, physical realm and the invisible to most, but no less real, spiritual realm.
- ForthcomingPaperback9780884654933296 pages