Are we willing to respond to the challenge of a life lived in accordance with the Christian Gospel? St Ignatius' writing is the Christian tradition at its deepest, intensely practical but also transcendent and mystical. For further details click here.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653769374 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654513374 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654537374 pages
The Experience of the Orthodox Church
While many are now abandoning traditional religious practice, none the less, the reality of death and questions regarding the afterlife remain at the forefront of spiritual consciousness. How Our Departed Ones Live is the answer to those who seek the truth as expressed through the experience of the Orthodox Church.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654018395 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654032395 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654025395 pages
Lenten Homilies of Saint John of Kronstadt
For the first time a selection of St John's Lenten sermons is presented in English translation. They follow the thematic structure of the Lenten season in the Orthodox Church, from the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee through to Great and Holy Friday. A sermon for St Thomas Sunday, that follows Holy Pascha, is offered as an Epilogue.
To order the Kindle edition click here.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653844230 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653943218 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653936218 pages
The Three Hundred Year History of a Russian Orthodox Church in London
A fascinating look at the Russian Orthodox Church abroad through the lens of one imperial embassy church turned self-supporting parish. This history offers perspectives on modern English and European history from the vantage point of a little known minority community, supported by translations of primary sources not found anywhere else.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653363755 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884653813755 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653837755 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653820755 pages
Asceticism in a Modern Secular Society
Archbishop Averky addresses head on the question, “What is asceticism?” He counters the many false understandings that exist and shows that the practice of authentic asceticism is integral to the spiritual life and the path to blessed communion with God.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653738194 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653752194 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653745194 pages
Anya Derrick’s life has been intimately connected to the earthly city of Jerusalem in Palestine where she was raised in the spirit of Holy Russia, as manifested in the life of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission, the Mount of Olives and Gethsemane convents, as well as the Bethany School. These recollections also offer a window into the struggles and aspirations of the Russian diaspora after the Communist takeover of the ancestral homeland. It shows how events such as the Russian revolution, its aftermath, and the Arab–Israeli conflict have shaped present realities.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653592232 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884653806232 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652748232 pages
of the Holy Eastern Orthodox Catholic and Apostolic Church
Nikolai Gogol was one of the most prominent Russian writers of the 19th century. He was also a deeply religious man, who dedicated one of his last works to the Divine Liturgy of the Orthodox Church. This book provides a commentary on the Divine Liturgy, which is at the same time both mystical and practical. Drawing from the early Church Fathers and his own experience, Gogol explains the sublime mystery of the Liturgy.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653431128 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653639128 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653622128 pages
An Introduction to Christian Life
This introduction to what it means to be a Christian appeals both to the heart and mind of its readers. Its timelessness and universality are beyond dispute as it has been in print continually in English for sixty years and for nearly 180 years in its original Aleut and then Russian language editions. This new edition includes "Points for Reflection" that can be used both by an individual reader and for a group study.
Click here for further information.
- AvailablePaperback978088465303596 pages
- AvailableKindle978088465305996 pages
- AvailableEPUB978088465003496 pages
This classic textbook contains sober, patristic explanations of every event in the four Christian Gospels in a harmonized chronology. Based on the teachings and tradition of the Eastern Orthodox Church, this book has become a standard text for study of the New Testament in Holy Trinity Seminary.
- AvailablePaperback9780317292992352 pages
From Sarov, Russia to Kodiak, Alaska
The memory of St Herman, canonized in 1970, has spread well beyond Alaska. This new work brings to light primary sources that illuminate the story of St Herman and the wider context of the history of Russian colonization in the Pacific northwest. Click here for more details.
- AvailablePaperback9780884651925264 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653042257 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652052257 pages
Guidelines for Spiritual and Monastic Life
This is one of the most important and accessible texts of Orthodox Christian teaching on the spiritual life. Click here for further details....
- AvailablePaperback9780884652878311 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652892310 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652885310 pages
This book offers many examples of the awareness of the life beyond death and in so doing offers the clear hope of a growth in life “beyond the grave” of this temporal existence. Click here to see the complete Table of Contents and further details....
- AvailablePaperback9780884652120368 pages
The service of Compline is the last liturgical hour of the day and seeks God's forgiveness for our sins during the past day and blessing for the coming night. Following the usage of Holy Trinity Monastery (Jordanville, NY), the present booklet incorporates prayers before sleep from the Jordanville Prayer Book.
- ForthcomingPaperback978088465487264 pages
The full text in Church Slavonic of the liturgical service of the Canon of St. Andrew of Crete as used during the first four days of Great Lent and on the Thursday of the Fifth week.
- AvailablePaperback978088465169796 pages