Orthodox & Oriental Churches
Conforming the Will of Man to the Will of God
Saint John addresses fundamental questions: Why should we care about God’s will ? What are the benefits in following His will? How do we avoid common obstacles to living in accordance with His will? The reader will find practical and eternal wisdom running through these writings that discuss the perennial questions of why a good God permits evil. This is the first English edition of St John’s text, edited and abbreviated for the contemporary reader.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654605352 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654704352 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654698352 pages
This second edition replaces ISBN: 9780884651192. It uses the traditional English translation of Kallsitos Ware and Motehr Mary. It is theclassic canon of repentance, chanted in during Lent and includes the Life of Mary of Egypt.
- AvailablePaperback978088465452096 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884654582
- Currently not availableEPUB9780884654247
On Acquiring Peace Amidst Suffering
St Ignatius Brianchaninov (1807-1867) struggled with chronic illness and disability through most of his adult life. Thus his own life experience disposed him to reflect on the meaning of suffering and how through it we might find “a harbor for our hope.” His letters, excerpted and organized here thematically, will equally benefit all who suffer.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654223200 pages
An Adaptation of the Classic Miles Coverdale Translation
This slimmed down pocket edition of the classic Coverdale translation is designed to inspire daily use in prayer at home and when traveling. The text is complimented by a flexible textured binding, gold stamped cover, and three marker ribbons.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654186368 pages
Anchoring the Soul in God
The third in an ongoing series of publications translating the complete works of Saint Ignatius (Brianchaninov) into English, The Refuge is an exposition of the concrete actions we should take if we truly desire to live with and in God. It is an active exhortation for us to reacquire the original nobility with which God fashioned us.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654292448 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654322448 pages
From the publisher of the “Jordanville Prayer Book” and “A Psalter for Prayer” comes the perfect devotional companion for travel and everyday life. This truly pocket edition brings together prayers for use throughout the day with all one hundred fifty Psalms of David adapted from the classic Miles Coverdale translation. Designed with convenience and affordability in mind to encourage all Christians to “pray without ceasing.”
- AvailablePaperback9780884653448416 pages
The Undermining of Society, Family, and Our Own Soul
Philosopher and patrologist Dr Jean-Claude Larchet, renowned for his examinations of patristic writings on the causes and consequences of spiritual and physical illness, here tackles the pressing question of the societal and personal effects of our societal use of new media. It concludes with a discussion of the ways individuals might limit and counteract the most deleterious of these.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654711200 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654285200 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654278200 pages
Asceticism in a Modern Secular Society
Archbishop Averky addresses head on the question, “What is asceticism?” He counters the many false understandings that exist and shows that the practice of authentic asceticism is integral to the spiritual life and the path to blessed communion with God.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653738194 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653752194 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653745194 pages
An Introduction to Christian Life
This introduction to what it means to be a Christian appeals both to the heart and mind of its readers. Its timelessness and universality are beyond dispute as it has been in print continually in English for sixty years and for nearly 180 years in its original Aleut and then Russian language editions. This new edition includes "Points for Reflection" that can be used both by an individual reader and for a group study.
Click here for further information.
- AvailablePaperback978088465303596 pages
- AvailableKindle978088465305996 pages
- AvailableEPUB978088465003496 pages
Guidelines for Spiritual and Monastic Life
This is one of the most important and accessible texts of Orthodox Christian teaching on the spiritual life. Click here for further details....
- AvailablePaperback9780884652878311 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652892310 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652885310 pages
Are we willing to respond to the challenge of a life lived in accordance with the Christian Gospel? St Ignatius' writing is the Christian tradition at its deepest, intensely practical but also transcendent and mystical. For further details click here.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653769374 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654537374 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654513374 pages
The gold standard of Orthodox prayer books in the English language! Includes canons, akathists, troparia, daily prayers, the Divine Liturgy, and more. Beautifully bound in maroon color and gold embossed. Frequently referred to as "The Jordanville Prayer Book."
- AvailableHardback9780884651758403 pages
For Study at Home and School
The classic textbook designed for parents to teach their children "all the fundamental points of the Orthodox Christian faith and way of life." Well illustrated with photographs and icons.
- AvailableHardback9780884650447651 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653578651 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653561651 pages
2020 Holy Trinity Orthodox Russian Calendar (Russian-language)
This liturgical guide offers detailed rubrics for every Sunday and major feast of the year, as well as certain lesser feasts and lenten days. This year's calendar also incorporates for the first time the annual directory of Hierarchs, Clergy, and Parishes of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia.
- Out of printSpiral bound9780884654315440 pages