Orthodox & Oriental Churches
From the 1917 Diary of a Palace Priest
Through the eyes of Fr. Afanasy Belyaev, the priest assigned as chaplain to the Romanovs in the first months following the abdication of Nicholas II, we find an intimate portrait of the Royal Family in the small joys of family celebrations and the solemnities of Holy Week and Pascha.
- AvailableHardback9780884654544136 pages
Stories of Unexpected Grace
In a manner reminiscent of the bestselling "Everyday Saints" these tales by renowned author Olesia Nikolaeva eveal a common theme - the subtle, sometimes imperceptible movement of Divine Providence at work in the lives of saints and sinners alike.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654230320 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654674320 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654667320 pages
Family of Faith and Charity
This book shares the story of the last Russian emperor and his family. Their life was not necessarily what one would expect; there was much more than fancy clothes and delicious food. They shared happy memories but also great hardships. Today we know them as the Royal Martyrs.
- AvailableHardback978088465468156 pages
Conforming the Will of Man to the Will of God
Saint John addresses fundamental questions: Why should we care about God’s will ? What are the benefits in following His will? How do we avoid common obstacles to living in accordance with His will? The reader will find practical and eternal wisdom running through these writings that discuss the perennial questions of why a good God permits evil. This is the first English edition of St John’s text, edited and abbreviated for the contemporary reader.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654605352 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654704352 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654698352 pages
Clergy Service Book
This pocket-size hieratikon contains all the texts necessary for a deacon or priest in serving the daily hours of the Orthodox Church - Vespers, Compline, Midnight Office, Matins and the hours in a parallel Church Slavonic-English text. For further information click here.
- AvailableHardback9780884654636350 pages
Archbishop Averky approaches the New Testament first and foremost not as a literary work of antiquity, but as the revelation of Jesus Christ as God in the flesh. Writing in the tradition of biblical exegetes, such as St John Chrysostom, Blessed Theophylact of Bulgaria, and St Theophan the Recluse, he provides a commentary that is firmly grounded in the teaching of the Church, manifested in its liturgical hymnography and the works of the Holy Fathers.
- AvailableKindle9781942699392844 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699385844 pages
- Out of stock indefinitelyBoxed pack9781942699217844 pages
The Undermining of Society, Family, and Our Own Soul
Philosopher and patrologist Dr Jean-Claude Larchet, renowned for his examinations of patristic writings on the causes and consequences of spiritual and physical illness, here tackles the pressing question of the societal and personal effects of our societal use of new media. It concludes with a discussion of the ways individuals might limit and counteract the most deleterious of these.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654711200 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654285200 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654278200 pages
Contemplations on God and the World
These reflections from the diary of Metropolitan Anastasy in the calamitous post-revolutionary period offer the groanings of his heart and musings on the eternal mercy of God, which he writes “are part of my very essence.” They draw upon wisdom from sources as diverse as writers of classical antiquity, authors, composers and inventors of the age of enlightenment, offering unique perspectives on these.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654728176 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654254176 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654261176 pages
The Nous in Dostoevsky's Ridiculous Man
Dostoevsky’s short story The Dream of a Ridiculous Man tells of a transformation of the heart and a journey from despair to joy: a joy that can be known by all through the experience of God that transcends a simply rational discourse.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699125160 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699224160 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699231160 pages
This book is a guide for the contemporary Orthodox priest in his application of the Apostle’s words to his everyday life, as he serves to convey God’s grace as a shepherd of Christ’s flock.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699248240 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699262240 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699255240 pages
From the publisher of the “Jordanville Prayer Book” and “A Psalter for Prayer” comes the perfect devotional companion for travel and everyday life. This truly pocket edition brings together prayers for use throughout the day with all one hundred fifty Psalms of David adapted from the classic Miles Coverdale translation. Designed with convenience and affordability in mind to encourage all Christians to “pray without ceasing.”
- AvailablePaperback9780884653448416 pages
Anchoring the Soul in God
The third in an ongoing series of publications translating the complete works of Saint Ignatius (Brianchaninov) into English, The Refuge is an exposition of the concrete actions we should take if we truly desire to live with and in God. It is an active exhortation for us to reacquire the original nobility with which God fashioned us.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654292448 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654322448 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654339448 pages
Parallel Slavonic-English Text
This service book offers for the first time a parallel Church Slavonic-English text of the Divine Liturgy of Saint James, suitable for use by clergy and servers together with a scholarly introduction by Dr Vitaly Permiakov, a specialist in the Jerusalem liturgy.
- AvailableHardback9780884654308320 pages