Orthodox & Oriental Churches
Restoring the Inner Heart
The Nous in Dostoevsky's Ridiculous Man
Dostoevsky’s short story The Dream of a Ridiculous Man tells of a transformation of the heart and a journey from despair to joy: a joy that can be known by all through the experience of God that transcends a simply rational discourse.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699125160 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699224160 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699231160 pages
A Practical Handbook for Priestly Ministry
This book is a guide for the contemporary Orthodox priest in his application of the Apostle’s words to his everyday life, as he serves to convey God’s grace as a shepherd of Christ’s flock.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699248240 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699262240 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699255240 pages
The New Media Epidemic
The Undermining of Society, Family, and Our Own Soul
Philosopher and patrologist Dr Jean-Claude Larchet, renowned for his examinations of patristic writings on the causes and consequences of spiritual and physical illness, here tackles the pressing question of the societal and personal effects of our societal use of new media. It concludes with a discussion of the ways individuals might limit and counteract the most deleterious of these.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654711200 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654285200 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654278200 pages
Conversations With My Heart
Contemplations on God and the World
These reflections from the diary of Metropolitan Anastasy in the calamitous post-revolutionary period offer the groanings of his heart and musings on the eternal mercy of God, which he writes “are part of my very essence.” They draw upon wisdom from sources as diverse as writers of classical antiquity, authors, composers and inventors of the age of enlightenment, offering unique perspectives on these.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654728176 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654261176 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654254176 pages
Commentary on the Holy Scriptures of the New Testament
Archbishop Averky approaches the New Testament first and foremost not as a literary work of antiquity, but as the revelation of Jesus Christ as God in the flesh. Writing in the tradition of biblical exegetes, such as St John Chrysostom, Blessed Theophylact of Bulgaria, and St Theophan the Recluse, he provides a commentary that is firmly grounded in the teaching of the Church, manifested in its liturgical hymnography and the works of the Holy Fathers.
- AvailableKindle9781942699392844 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699385844 pages
- Out of stock indefinitelyBoxed pack9781942699217844 pages
Conforming the Will of Man to the Will of God
Saint John addresses fundamental questions: Why should we care about God’s will ? What are the benefits in following His will? How do we avoid common obstacles to living in accordance with His will? The reader will find practical and eternal wisdom running through these writings that discuss the perennial questions of why a good God permits evil. This is the first English edition of St John’s text, edited and abbreviated for the contemporary reader.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654605352 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654704352 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654698352 pages
Family of Faith and Charity
This book shares the story of the last Russian emperor and his family. Their life was not necessarily what one would expect; there was much more than fancy clothes and delicious food. They shared happy memories but also great hardships. Today we know them as the Royal Martyrs.
- AvailableHardback978088465468156 pages
Stories of Unexpected Grace
In a manner reminiscent of the bestselling "Everyday Saints" these tales by renowned author Olesia Nikolaeva eveal a common theme - the subtle, sometimes imperceptible movement of Divine Providence at work in the lives of saints and sinners alike.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654230320 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654674320 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654667320 pages
The Epistles and the Apocalypse
- AvailableHardback9781942699187368 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699200368 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699194368 pages
The Romanovs Under House Arrest
From the 1917 Diary of a Palace Priest
Through the eyes of Fr. Afanasy Belyaev, the priest assigned as chaplain to the Romanovs in the first months following the abdication of Nicholas II, we find an intimate portrait of the Royal Family in the small joys of family celebrations and the solemnities of Holy Week and Pascha.
- AvailableHardback9780884654544136 pages
The Wonderworking Kursk Root Icon of the Mother of God
The grace of God is manifested in the wonders of nature that surrounds us. This is apparent both in the beauty of the natural world and in the everyday blessings in our lives. Yet history is filled with instances of supernatural grace, or miracles. Such was the appearance of the Kursk Root Icon of the Mother of God found by a hunter in a forest near the Tuscary river. The text that accompanies this coloring book recounts the history of the icon, miracles associated with it -- including the healing of St Seraphim of Sarov, and the hymns associated with its feastday in the Orthodox Christian Church.
The artwork includes lavish borders in an old Russian style that together with the illustrations will be a joy to color. Together with the text they will make an excellent gift or school room resource.
- AvailablePaperback978088465450632 pages
The Rule for Holy Communion
Canons, Order of Preparation, and Prayers After Holy Communion
This comprehensive booklet contains the prayers used by an Orthodox Christian when preparing to receive Holy Communion, together with the post-Communion Prayers of Thanksgiving. See here for more details.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654889120 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654629120 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654612120 pages
The Acts of the Apostles
Archbishop Averky's commentaries on the New Testament have become standard textbooks in Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary and have been published in Russia to widespread acclaim. This present volume is the first translation of these texts into English. In this second of three volumes, Archbishop Averky explains the significance of the Church's earliest history, as recorded in the Book of Acts.
- AvailableHardback9781942699156146 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699170146 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699163146 pages
The Great Canon: The Work of Saint Andrew of Crete
This second edition replaces ISBN: 9780884651192. It uses the traditional English translation of Kallsitos Ware and Motehr Mary. It is theclassic canon of repentance, chanted in during Lent and includes the Life of Mary of Egypt.
- AvailablePaperback978088465452096 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884654582
- Currently not availableEPUB9780884654247