RELIGION / Christianity / Orthodox
Spiritual Counsels of the Holy Elders of Optina
The Optina monastery, south of Moscow, was in many ways the greatest spiritual center of nineteenth-century Russia. Here we are offered wisdom from the Elders of that time in the form of pithy thoughts organized thematically under headings.
- AvailableHardback9780884650928205 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653684205 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653691205 pages
A complete prayer book in the Slavonic language using Russian letters (old orthography).
- AvailableHardback9780884650935414 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884654353414 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884654360414 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884654377414 pages
This edition offers a collection of chapters from his classic work "The Spiritual Exercises", translated into English from a Russian edition. Chapters include "On the Greatness of the Divine Eucharist.", "The Denial of Peter" and "Our Sins and Ingratitude Towards God."
- AvailablePaperback978088465138395 pages
Saint Paisius the Great,Saint Pachomius the Great, Saint Euthymius the Great, and Saint Theodosius
A translation from the "Great Synaxaristes" (Athens 1978) of four lives of great desert saints of the fourth and fifth centuries. The material presented on each saint is in sufficient depth to allow the reader to become more familiar with each of them.
- Out of printPaperback9780884651390160 pages
To Our Saviour, the Mother of God and Various Saints
An invaluable year-round devotional resource, for use both in church and at home. Contains six Akathist hymns to Our Saviour, four to the Mother of God, and twelve to various saints. (See detailed description) Also provides music for typical akathist refrains.
To download the Erratum, click here.
- AvailableHardback9780884650591398 pages
To Our Saviour, the Holy Spirit, the Mother of God, and Various Saints
An invaluable year round devotional resource. Contains Akathist hymns for the Ascension and Nativity of Christ, an Akathist to the Holy Spirit, for seven different icons of the Mother of God, and for various Saints. (See detailed description.)
- AvailableHardback9780884651413466 pages
Quick to Hear
This small but expansive work is a window into churchly culture as the reader is drawn into the journey of the Mt. Athos Icon of the Mother of God "Quick to Hear" to Russia in 1877. Through God's grace a new and distinct icon emerged, now recognized as the Nevskaya Icon of the Mother of God "Quick to Hear."
- AvailablePaperback978088465185796 pages
This handbook will encourage the laity who desire to enter more fully into an understanding of the Church’s Typicon, the “rule” which governs how Divine worship is offered in the church, and to internalize the principles that underpin it.
It is an invaluable guide to all who seek “to celebrate a service in splendor.” More Information
- AvailablePaperback9780884651918168 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652038168 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652335168 pages
A Siberian Life
“My children! I am giving you these writings of mine describing my life as a testament that you may work harder for God than I worked for Him...”
This memoir of the Altai tribesman Mikhail Chelvalkov will enrapture the reader with its directness & beauty whilst also providing invaluable insights for students of Christian mission, ethnography, and geography.
- AvailablePaperback9780884651840168 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652045168 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652328168 pages
Satisfying the Thirst for Happiness
In this classic early twentieth century text a little known Russian philosopher and theologian addresses the question of how one obtains happiness, peace and joy; and offers answers rooted in the tradition of the Orthodox Christian East and the lives of its sainted Christian men and women. More Information.
- AvailablePaperback9780884651871280 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884651994280 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652311280 pages
Translated from the Book of Needs
A traditional English translation of the marriage service as celebrated in the Orthodox Church. It includes the betrothal, the crowning, and the removal of the crowns. This booklet has the texts for all the participants: priest, deacon, and chanter. It will also allow wedding guests to follow the service.
- AvailablePamphlet978088465208330 pages
The Life of Father Ilarion
Psalm 111:6 reminds us that "in everlasting remembrance shall the Righteous be." This book celebrates this injunction in its vivid portrayal of a modern elder of the Russian Orthodox Church and monk of the Glinsk monastery.
- Out of printPaperback9780884651895216 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652076216 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652304216 pages
The Teaching of Fr. Ilarion
A wealth of spiritual instruction is to be found in this selection of teachings given by Fr. Ilarion between 1966 and 2008. The sermons are based on specific feast days and commemorations in the Church year. Regarding the need for spiritual food Fr. Ilarion said, "We must never lose our taste for it; rather, for us it must be the sweetness, the joy, and the warmth of the Holy Spirit.” More Information
- Out of printPaperback9780884651901240 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652069240 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652472240 pages