Christian liturgy, prayerbooks & hymnals
The full text in Church Slavonic of the liturgical service of the Canon of St. Andrew of Crete as used during the first four days of Great Lent and on the Thursday of the Fifth week.
- AvailablePaperback978088465169796 pages
During the Orthodox celebration of Holy Week, the Church relives the arrest, trial, sufferings, and crucifixion of Jesus Christ. On Matins of Holy Friday Christ's Parrion in all four Gospels is read aloud in church. This book provides the English text for those twelve Passion Gospel readings.
- AvailablePaperback978088465076829 pages
Contains all the liturgical texts for the Feast day of St. Nicholas on December 6, together with an Akathist hymn in his honor and an extended prayer to him. A short life of the saint is also included followed by an account of some of the miracles worked through the prayers of the saint after his earthly repose.
- AvailablePaperback978088465126096 pages
for Choir and Laity
This is intended both to help the worshipper to follow the service at the Vigil for Sunday held on Saturday night and to assist the choir in chanting the service. It contains the unvarying texts and rubrics regarding the insertion of the variable parts.
- AvailableHardback9780884651154144 pages
for Choir and Laity
This is designed to contain under one cover all the material that is necessary from the perspective of the choir and people for the performance of the Divine Liturgy on Sundays and major Feast Days. Traditional English is used throughout.
- AvailableHardback9780884651185280 pages
A service and Akathist to St. John, Archbishop of Shanghai and San Francisco. In Church Slavonic.
This book is printed on demand and therefore, customers who are resellers will receive a lower (short) discount on this title.
- AvailablePaperback978088465069062 pages
The gold standard of Orthodox prayer books in the English language! Includes canons, akathists, troparia, daily prayers, the Divine Liturgy, and more. Beautifully bound in maroon color and gold embossed. Frequently referred to as "The Jordanville Prayer Book."
- AvailableHardback9780884651758403 pages
A complete prayer book in the Slavonic language using Russian letters (old orthography).
- AvailableHardback9780884654353414 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884654377414 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884654360414 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884650935414 pages
This handbook will encourage the laity who desire to enter more fully into an understanding of the Church’s Typicon, the “rule” which governs how Divine worship is offered in the church, and to internalize the principles that underpin it.
It is an invaluable guide to all who seek “to celebrate a service in splendor.” More Information
- AvailablePaperback9780884651918168 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652038168 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652335168 pages
Translated from the Book of Needs
A traditional English translation of the marriage service as celebrated in the Orthodox Church. It includes the betrothal, the crowning, and the removal of the crowns. This booklet has the texts for all the participants: priest, deacon, and chanter. It will also allow wedding guests to follow the service.
- AvailablePamphlet978088465208330 pages
An Adaptation of the Classic Miles Coverdale Translation
The Psalms have been at the heart of Christian prayer from the very beginning, but this Psalter is the first major English edition to include all the prayers needed to read the Psalter at home according to an Orthodox tradition that reaches back to the time of the desert fathers, known popularly as the 'cell rule.’
- AvailableHardback9780884654742384 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884651987368 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652342368 pages
One of the most important service books of the Orthodox Church. In traditional English using the Psalter as translated by Holy Transfiguration Monastery. This book has the fixed texts for all the daily services of the Orthodox Church.
- AvailableHardback9780884653714408 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653127408 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653134408 pages