Orthodox & Oriental Churches
My Life in Christ
The Spiritual Journals of St John of Kronstadt
The English translation has been thoroughly revised and freshly typeset to make St John's own words more accessible to today's reader. The bite-sized reflections draw the reader in to the author's profound spiritual experience and love for Jesus Christ and the Church. Appropriate, relevant, and edifying reading for all Christians.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654476560 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884654650560 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654162560 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654155560 pages
The New Media Epidemic
The Undermining of Society, Family, and Our Own Soul
Philosopher and patrologist Dr Jean-Claude Larchet, renowned for his examinations of patristic writings on the causes and consequences of spiritual and physical illness, here tackles the pressing question of the societal and personal effects of our societal use of new media. It concludes with a discussion of the ways individuals might limit and counteract the most deleterious of these.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654711200 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654285200 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654278200 pages
On the Tree of the Cross
Georges Florovsky and the Patristic Doctrine of Atonement
Available now in Paperback!
The present volume, inspired by the legacy of leading Orthodox patrologist Fr George Florovsky, brings together a collection of papers on atonement by contemporary scholars and a collection of writings by Florovsky himself to deepen our understanding of the Church's soteriology.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699286166 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9781942699149166 pages
- Currently not availableEPUB9781942699132166 pages
The Order of Holy Baptism
This book, in traditional English, provides the complete text for the service of Holy Baptism in the Orthodox Church.
- AvailablePamphlet978088465111680 pages
The Order of Holy Matrimony
Translated from the Book of Needs
A traditional English translation of the marriage service as celebrated in the Orthodox Church. It includes the betrothal, the crowning, and the removal of the crowns. This booklet has the texts for all the participants: priest, deacon, and chanter. It will also allow wedding guests to follow the service.
- AvailablePamphlet978088465208330 pages
The Order of Small Compline and Evening Prayers
The service of Compline is the last liturgical hour of the day and seeks God's forgiveness for our sins during the past day and blessing for the coming night. Following the usage of Holy Trinity Monastery (Jordanville, NY), the present booklet incorporates prayers before sleep from the Jordanville Prayer Book.
- ForthcomingPaperback978088465487264 pages
The Order of the Moleben and the Panikhida
This booklet contains the order of the General Moleben (or Service of Intercession), which may be served on any occasion to invoke the aid of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Mother of God, or the saints, as well as the order of the Panikhida (or Memorial Service) in which Orthodox Christians pray for the blessed repose and salvation of the departed.
- AvailableHardback978088465438496 pages
- AvailableEPUB978088465441496 pages
- AvailableKindle978088465445296 pages
Stories of Unexpected Grace
In a manner reminiscent of the bestselling "Everyday Saints" these tales by renowned author Olesia Nikolaeva eveal a common theme - the subtle, sometimes imperceptible movement of Divine Providence at work in the lives of saints and sinners alike.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654230320 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654674320 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654667320 pages
Courage To Be Different, Strength To Remain The Same
A forceful exhortation to Orthodox Christians to uphold the uniqueness of their traditions and not to be overly influenced by the surrounding Roman Catholic and/or Protestant religious cultures of Western countries.
- AvailablePaperback9780884650683104 pages
Orthodoxy and Islam in the Middle East
The Seventh to the Sixteenth Centuries
In this short but in depth survey, Constantin Panchenko offers a nuanced portrayal that opens up fresh vistas of understanding of the VII-XVI centuries focusing on the impact that the coming of Islam had on the Orthodox Christian communities of the Middle East and in particular the interplay of their Greek cultural heritage and experience of increasing Arabization.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699330216 pages
- Currently not availableEPUB9781942699354
A Practical Handbook for Divine Services
This handbook will encourage the laity who desire to enter more fully into an understanding of the Church’s Typicon, the “rule” which governs how Divine worship is offered in the church, and to internalize the principles that underpin it.
It is an invaluable guide to all who seek “to celebrate a service in splendor.” More Information
- AvailablePaperback9780884651918168 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652335168 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652038168 pages
A Practical Handbook for Priestly Ministry
This book is a guide for the contemporary Orthodox priest in his application of the Apostle’s words to his everyday life, as he serves to convey God’s grace as a shepherd of Christ’s flock.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699248240 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699262240 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699255240 pages
The gold standard of Orthodox prayer books in the English language! Includes canons, akathists, troparia, daily prayers, the Divine Liturgy, and more. Beautifully bound in maroon color and gold embossed. Frequently referred to as "The Jordanville Prayer Book."
- AvailableHardback9780884651758403 pages
Prayer Book and Psalms
From the publisher of the “Jordanville Prayer Book” and “A Psalter for Prayer” comes the perfect devotional companion for travel and everyday life. This truly pocket edition brings together prayers for use throughout the day with all one hundred fifty Psalms of David adapted from the classic Miles Coverdale translation. Designed with convenience and affordability in mind to encourage all Christians to “pray without ceasing.”
- AvailablePaperback9780884653448416 pages