Memoir & Autobiography
Contemplations on God and the World
These reflections from the diary of Metropolitan Anastasy in the calamitous post-revolutionary period offer the groanings of his heart and musings on the eternal mercy of God, which he writes “are part of my very essence.” They draw upon wisdom from sources as diverse as writers of classical antiquity, authors, composers and inventors of the age of enlightenment, offering unique perspectives on these.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654728176 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654254176 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654261176 pages
Stories of Unexpected Grace
In a manner reminiscent of the bestselling "Everyday Saints" these tales by renowned author Olesia Nikolaeva eveal a common theme - the subtle, sometimes imperceptible movement of Divine Providence at work in the lives of saints and sinners alike.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654230320 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654667320 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654674320 pages
Anya Derrick’s life has been intimately connected to the earthly city of Jerusalem in Palestine where she was raised in the spirit of Holy Russia, as manifested in the life of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission, the Mount of Olives and Gethsemane convents, as well as the Bethany School. These recollections also offer a window into the struggles and aspirations of the Russian diaspora after the Communist takeover of the ancestral homeland. It shows how events such as the Russian revolution, its aftermath, and the Arab–Israeli conflict have shaped present realities.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653592232 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652748232 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884653806232 pages
A Siberian Life
“My children! I am giving you these writings of mine describing my life as a testament that you may work harder for God than I worked for Him...”
This memoir of the Altai tribesman Mikhail Chelvalkov will enrapture the reader with its directness & beauty whilst also providing invaluable insights for students of Christian mission, ethnography, and geography.
- AvailablePaperback9780884651840168 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652045168 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884652328168 pages