Orthodox & Oriental Churches
From Sarov, Russia to Kodiak, Alaska
The memory of St Herman, canonized in 1970, has spread well beyond Alaska. This new work brings to light primary sources that illuminate the story of St Herman and the wider context of the history of Russian colonization in the Pacific northwest. Click here for more details.
- AvailablePaperback9780884651925264 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652052257 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653042257 pages
Confronting Our Moral Crisis
This volume gathers responses of a wide array of Orthodox Christian scholars and writers to the moral crisis our world faces. Collectively, the authors remind us that it is only through our participation in the life of Christ that we can find the healing of our humanity through the restoration of His image in us.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699293207 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699316192 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699323192 pages
On Acquiring Peace Amidst Suffering
St Ignatius Brianchaninov (1807-1867) struggled with chronic illness and disability through most of his adult life. Thus his own life experience disposed him to reflect on the meaning of suffering and how through it we might find “a harbor for our hope.” His letters, excerpted and organized here thematically, will equally benefit all who suffer.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654223200 pages
This second edition replaces ISBN: 9780884651192. It uses the traditional English translation of Kallsitos Ware and Motehr Mary. It is theclassic canon of repentance, chanted in during Lent and includes the Life of Mary of Egypt.
- AvailablePaperback978088465452096 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884654582
- Currently not availableEPUB9780884654247
This is a comprehensive grammar of the Church Slavonic language, covering etymology, parts of speech, and syntax. This English edition was translated from the Russian and includes an explanation of grammatical points that would be taken for granted by a native Russian speaker.
This book is printed in small numbers and therefore, customers who are resellers will receive a lower (short) discount on this title.
- AvailablePaperback9780884650645438 pages
Drawing upon numerous examples from daily life and human relationships, St Tikhon weaves together wisdom on how to live a life pleasing to God. In a world that typically only values material goods his writing constantly reminds the reader of that which is of true value — the knowledge and love of God.
- ForthcomingPaperback9780884654827632 pages
This classic textbook contains sober, patristic explanations of every event in the four Christian Gospels in a harmonized chronology. Based on the teachings and tradition of the Eastern Orthodox Church, this book is the first of its kind.
- AvailableHardback9781942699002330 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699064330 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699057330 pages
Are we willing to respond to the challenge of a life lived in accordance with the Christian Gospel? St Ignatius' writing is the Christian tradition at its deepest, intensely practical but also transcendent and mystical. For further details click here.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653769374 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654537374 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654513374 pages
This book offers many examples of the awareness of the life beyond death and in so doing offers the clear hope of a growth in life “beyond the grave” of this temporal existence. Click here to see the complete Table of Contents and further details....
- AvailablePaperback9780884652120368 pages
The Three Hundred Year History of a Russian Orthodox Church in London
A fascinating look at the Russian Orthodox Church abroad through the lens of one imperial embassy church turned self-supporting parish. This history offers perspectives on modern English and European history from the vantage point of a little known minority community, supported by translations of primary sources not found anywhere else.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653363755 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884653813755 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653820755 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653837755 pages
and its Solution According to the Sacred Canons
Essential reading for all Orthodox believers to understand what the Ukrainian crisis means for the future of their Church. It will also assist others to see beyond the characterization of the crisis as a political event in relations between Russia and the West. Simply put, this is a crisis of Orthodox ecclesiology requiring a conciliar solution.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699415152 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699446152 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699453152 pages
Slavonic-English Parallel Text
This convenient pocket-sized book contains the necessary texts for the lenten celebration of the Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts by the priest and deacon, interpolated with comprehensive rubrical directions. The book also includes thanksgiving prayers upon receiving Holy Communion and the priest's prayers at Matins.
- AvailableHardback9780884654469144 pages
Slavonic-English Parallel Text
This convenient pocket size book contains the necessary texts for the celebration of the liturgy of St John Chrysostom by the priest and deacon, interpolated with comprehensive rubrical directions.
- ForthcomingHardback9780884654841300 pages