Orthodox & Oriental Churches
Conforming the Will of Man to the Will of God
Saint John addresses fundamental questions: Why should we care about God’s will ? What are the benefits in following His will? How do we avoid common obstacles to living in accordance with His will? The reader will find practical and eternal wisdom running through these writings that discuss the perennial questions of why a good God permits evil. This is the first English edition of St John’s text, edited and abbreviated for the contemporary reader.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654605352 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654704352 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654698352 pages
Family of Faith and Charity
This book shares the story of the last Russian emperor and his family. Their life was not necessarily what one would expect; there was much more than fancy clothes and delicious food. They shared happy memories but also great hardships. Today we know them as the Royal Martyrs.
- AvailableHardback978088465468156 pages
Stories of Unexpected Grace
In a manner reminiscent of the bestselling "Everyday Saints" these tales by renowned author Olesia Nikolaeva eveal a common theme - the subtle, sometimes imperceptible movement of Divine Providence at work in the lives of saints and sinners alike.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654230320 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654674320 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654667320 pages
From the 1917 Diary of a Palace Priest
Through the eyes of Fr. Afanasy Belyaev, the priest assigned as chaplain to the Romanovs in the first months following the abdication of Nicholas II, we find an intimate portrait of the Royal Family in the small joys of family celebrations and the solemnities of Holy Week and Pascha.
- AvailableHardback9780884654544136 pages
The grace of God is manifested in the wonders of nature that surrounds us. This is apparent both in the beauty of the natural world and in the everyday blessings in our lives. Yet history is filled with instances of supernatural grace, or miracles. Such was the appearance of the Kursk Root Icon of the Mother of God found by a hunter in a forest near the Tuscary river. The text that accompanies this coloring book recounts the history of the icon, miracles associated with it -- including the healing of St Seraphim of Sarov, and the hymns associated with its feastday in the Orthodox Christian Church.
The artwork includes lavish borders in an old Russian style that together with the illustrations will be a joy to color. Together with the text they will make an excellent gift or school room resource.
- AvailablePaperback978088465450632 pages
Canons, Order of Preparation, and Prayers After Holy Communion
This comprehensive booklet contains the prayers used by an Orthodox Christian when preparing to receive Holy Communion, together with the post-Communion Prayers of Thanksgiving. See here for more details.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654889120 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654629120 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654612120 pages
Archbishop Averky's commentaries on the New Testament have become standard textbooks in Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary and have been published in Russia to widespread acclaim. This present volume is the first translation of these texts into English. In this second of three volumes, Archbishop Averky explains the significance of the Church's earliest history, as recorded in the Book of Acts.
- AvailableHardback9781942699156146 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699170146 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699163146 pages
This second edition replaces ISBN: 9780884651192. It uses the traditional English translation of Kallsitos Ware and Motehr Mary. It is theclassic canon of repentance, chanted in during Lent and includes the Life of Mary of Egypt.
- AvailablePaperback978088465452096 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884654582
- Currently not availableEPUB9780884654247
Are we willing to respond to the challenge of a life lived in accordance with the Christian Gospel? St Ignatius' writing is the Christian tradition at its deepest, intensely practical but also transcendent and mystical. For further details click here.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653769374 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654513374 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654537374 pages
Georges Florovsky and the Patristic Doctrine of Atonement
Available now in Paperback!
The present volume, inspired by the legacy of leading Orthodox patrologist Fr George Florovsky, brings together a collection of papers on atonement by contemporary scholars and a collection of writings by Florovsky himself to deepen our understanding of the Church's soteriology.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699286166 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9781942699149166 pages
- Currently not availableEPUB9781942699132166 pages
The so called "Arab Spring" drew the world's attention to the presence of significant minority religious groups within the predominantly Islamic Middle East. Arabic-speaking Orthodox Christians are the largest of these minorities. This work fills a gap in the scholarship of wider Christian history and more specifically that of lived religion within the Ottoman empire. For more information click here.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699088704 pages
- AvailableHardback9781942699071704 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699118704 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699101704 pages
An Adaptation of the Classic Miles Coverdale Translation
This slimmed down pocket edition of the classic Coverdale translation is designed to inspire daily use in prayer at home and when traveling. The text is complimented by a flexible textured binding, gold stamped cover, and three marker ribbons.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654186368 pages
Spiritual Instruction from St Anatoly (Zertsalov) of Optina
This work includes three hundred and eighty-two letters of spiritual counsel from the Optina Elder Hieroschemamonk Anatoly (Zertsalov). Written in a tone that is both firm and tender, they are the words of a caring father for his spiritual children These letters, while originally addressed to nuns, can be applied with profit to all Christians, both monastic and lay. This digital edition includes four photos as well as the life of St. Anatoly, a glossary, an index of topics, and a table of letters.
- AvailableEPUB9780884654179308 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884654209308 pages