Orthodox & Oriental Churches
This book is a guide for the contemporary Orthodox priest in his application of the Apostle’s words to his everyday life, as he serves to convey God’s grace as a shepherd of Christ’s flock.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699248240 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699262240 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699255240 pages
Contemplations on God and the World
These reflections from the diary of Metropolitan Anastasy in the calamitous post-revolutionary period offer the groanings of his heart and musings on the eternal mercy of God, which he writes “are part of my very essence.” They draw upon wisdom from sources as diverse as writers of classical antiquity, authors, composers and inventors of the age of enlightenment, offering unique perspectives on these.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654728176 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654261176 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654254176 pages
Stories of Unexpected Grace
In a manner reminiscent of the bestselling "Everyday Saints" these tales by renowned author Olesia Nikolaeva eveal a common theme - the subtle, sometimes imperceptible movement of Divine Providence at work in the lives of saints and sinners alike.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654230320 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654674320 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654667320 pages
The grace of God is manifested in the wonders of nature that surrounds us. This is apparent both in the beauty of the natural world and in the everyday blessings in our lives. Yet history is filled with instances of supernatural grace, or miracles. Such was the appearance of the Kursk Root Icon of the Mother of God found by a hunter in a forest near the Tuscary river. The text that accompanies this coloring book recounts the history of the icon, miracles associated with it -- including the healing of St Seraphim of Sarov, and the hymns associated with its feastday in the Orthodox Christian Church.
The artwork includes lavish borders in an old Russian style that together with the illustrations will be a joy to color. Together with the text they will make an excellent gift or school room resource.
- AvailablePaperback978088465450632 pages
Spiritual Advice for Daily Living
Abbess Arsenia’s counsels are steeped in Holy Scripture and in the inspiration that she draws from the services of the Orthodox Church. Throughout, she emphasizes the need to humble oneself, discern the will of God, and fulfill it through every moment of our life.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653974110 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654148110 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654131110 pages
The Experience of the Orthodox Church
While many are now abandoning traditional religious practice, none the less, the reality of death and questions regarding the afterlife remain at the forefront of spiritual consciousness. How Our Departed Ones Live is the answer to those who seek the truth as expressed through the experience of the Orthodox Church.
- AvailablePaperback9780884654018395 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884654032395 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884654025395 pages
The Nous in Dostoevsky's Ridiculous Man
Dostoevsky’s short story The Dream of a Ridiculous Man tells of a transformation of the heart and a journey from despair to joy: a joy that can be known by all through the experience of God that transcends a simply rational discourse.
- AvailablePaperback9781942699125160 pages
- AvailableEPUB9781942699224160 pages
- AvailableKindle9781942699231160 pages
The Three Hundred Year History of a Russian Orthodox Church in London
A fascinating look at the Russian Orthodox Church abroad through the lens of one imperial embassy church turned self-supporting parish. This history offers perspectives on modern English and European history from the vantage point of a little known minority community, supported by translations of primary sources not found anywhere else.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653363755 pages
- AvailableHardback9780884653813755 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653837755 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653820755 pages
Anya Derrick’s life has been intimately connected to the earthly city of Jerusalem in Palestine where she was raised in the spirit of Holy Russia, as manifested in the life of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission, the Mount of Olives and Gethsemane convents, as well as the Bethany School. These recollections also offer a window into the struggles and aspirations of the Russian diaspora after the Communist takeover of the ancestral homeland. It shows how events such as the Russian revolution, its aftermath, and the Arab–Israeli conflict have shaped present realities.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653592232 pages
- Currently not availableKindle9780884653806232 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652748232 pages
of the Holy Eastern Orthodox Catholic and Apostolic Church
Nikolai Gogol was one of the most prominent Russian writers of the 19th century. He was also a deeply religious man, who dedicated one of his last works to the Divine Liturgy of the Orthodox Church. This book provides a commentary on the Divine Liturgy, which is at the same time both mystical and practical. Drawing from the early Church Fathers and his own experience, Gogol explains the sublime mystery of the Liturgy.
- AvailablePaperback9780884653431128 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653639128 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884653622128 pages
This classic textbook contains sober, patristic explanations of every event in the four Christian Gospels in a harmonized chronology. Based on the teachings and tradition of the Eastern Orthodox Church, this book has become a standard text for study of the New Testament in Holy Trinity Seminary.
- AvailablePaperback9780317292992352 pages
From Sarov, Russia to Kodiak, Alaska
The memory of St Herman, canonized in 1970, has spread well beyond Alaska. This new work brings to light primary sources that illuminate the story of St Herman and the wider context of the history of Russian colonization in the Pacific northwest. Click here for more details.
- AvailablePaperback9780884651925264 pages
- AvailableKindle9780884653042257 pages
- AvailableEPUB9780884652052257 pages
This edition offers a collection of chapters from his classic work "The Spiritual Exercises", translated into English from a Russian edition. Chapters include "On the Greatness of the Divine Eucharist.", "The Denial of Peter" and "Our Sins and Ingratitude Towards God."
- AvailablePaperback978088465138395 pages